Kids Dentist in Calgary, AB
Happy Visits – First Dental Visit – Free Of Charge:
A very brief exam to ensure normal dental development is all that is needed during your baby/toddlers first dental appointment. The current recommendation is to have this exam after the first teeth have erupted.
At this young age, it’s easy to get your little one comfortable with the dental office, as they are full of wonder and enjoy exploring.
Children Age 5 and Older – First Visit, Exam and Cleaning
- We will review your child’s medical history
- Perform a dental exam which includes charting their current dentition
- Check for normal dental development
- Take dental x-rays of their teeth and jawbone
- Polish their teeth and apply a fluoridated varnish
- Let you know how everything looks
What is pediatric dentistry? Explained by Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma
Is there an age a child should start visiting a dentist?
We see patients as young as six months. We encourage parents to come at that age because that is when the first two teeth erupt.
We want to make sure that we can see the child and start to introduce them to the dental office environment.”
Are children comfortable in their first visit to the dentist?
The first visit for a patient is usually called a Happy visit. Our sole purpose of this visit is to get them comfortable with our staff, materials, and tools we use.
We also change some of the names of our tools. So the suction, for example, becomes Mr. Thirsty. Our intention is just to demystify the dental office for them.”
How do you transition from pediatric dentistry?
As a child gets older, we start to do more conventional dentistry from regular cleanings, checkups, X-rays to more complicated procedures such as fillings, root canal, removal of teeth, etc.
We also provide orthodontic care for patients and help create beautiful smiles for them, along with healthy oral health for the long term.”
How important is pediatric dentistry?
Our goal at the Lake Chaparral Dental Care is to make the experience for the patient at the youngest age as pleasant as possible.
That experience will lead to adulthood and then lead to a positive mindset about the dental office and their oral care.
What To Bring to your child’s first visit with us:
- Patient Registration Forms for each family member with an appointment. You can use this link to download the forms (New Patient Forms) and fill them out before your visit
- A list of medications taken, if any
- Your insurance information
- Your preferred method of payment (we accept Visa, Mastercard or Debit Cards)
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that we can enter all your important medical and dental history and contact and insurance information in to the system before you see the hygienist and dentist.
You can use the form below to contact us or feel free to call our office to book your appointment.
We look forward to meeting you and your family!