Cosmetic dentistry: Something to smile about in Calgary, AB
While functional teeth and a healthy mouth are the primary focus of general dentistry, appearance is also important. At Lake Chaparral Dental Care in Calgary, AB, Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma considers aesthetics with restorative procedures, and she offers several cosmetic treatments for further smile enhancement.
Your smile and your face
People may flatter you with a statement such as, “you have nice teeth.” What they are truly noticing however, is the influence the shape, size, alignment, and color of your teeth have on your whole face. Cosmetic dental work can help to support lips, complement the tone of your complexion, and fill out facial contours.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures available at Calgary, AB practice
- Teeth whitening – Your smile can be shades brighter with this at-home treatment. Use custom-fit application trays and prescription strength bleaching gel for about an hour a day until your teeth reach desired brilliance.
- Tooth-colored fillings and dental bonding – Composite resin bonding material is used to repair tooth decay. It matches natural teeth for restorations that are unnoticeable. The same material can be used cosmetically, to close gaps between teeth, repair chips and cracks, hide discoloration, reshape a tooth, or build up a tooth that shows wear.
- Veneers – Thin layers of porcelain are bonded to the front surfaces of anterior teeth. Veneers mask chips, fractures, enamel flaws, stubborn discoloration, minor misalignment, and spacing issues.
Veneers are thin handcrafted porcelain shields worn on the front of the tooth which improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained or worn. Veneers are thin as contact lenses, and are an aesthetically pleasing option of closing gaps, lengthening teeth, and providing symmetry to make your smile more natural. Veneers are intended to last for many years without changing color. They are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in dentistry. Ask your dentist if veneers may be right for you.
- Porcelain crowns – A crown may be placed to improve the appearance of a tooth that has odd shape or size, or enamel imperfections.
- Invisalign – Clear, removable aligners are an alternative to braces to straighten misaligned teeth.
- Tooth replacement – Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma replaces missing teeth with partial dentures, dental bridges, or dental implants. She explains the benefits and limitations of each technique to help you make a treatment choice that fits your lifestyle while restoring your smile. If you need full dentures, she will discuss options including implant-retained dentures for extra stability.
Would you like to learn more about the range of cosmetic dentistry services available at Lake Chaparral Dental Care in Calgary, AB? Call (403) 768-2271 to book a consultation with Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma.