Dental Filling Services in Calgary AB – How to Choose the Right Type of Dental Filling
Tooth decay remains one of the main dental health issues nowadays. If not treated properly, it can lead to more serious diseases and health problems. One of the most efficient ways to treat cavities is fillings. Dentists use different materials to fill cavities, including composite, gold, glass ionomers, ceramic, silver amalgam. They all have their specific features, and some of them are better suited for certain dental conditions. To decide what type of filling is better for you, you need to consider such factors as the location of the cavity, the severity of the decay, your budget, and insurance coverage. According to Dental Filling Services, here are the types of fillings you should know about:
Types of Filling
- Gold fillings. They are non-corrosive and durable. They can last up to 15 years if you take care of them properly. However, they are more expensive than others and require more than just one visit to a dentist.
- Composite fillings. It is a good aesthetic option because composite fillings look just like natural teeth. However, they are less durable than some other fillings.
- Silver amalgam fillings. Even though they may not seem aesthetically pleasing, they are durable and sturdy.
- Ceramic fillings. They are made of porcelain, so they are considered very aesthetically pleasing and durable at the same time.
- Glass ionomers. They are also known as acrylic fillings. Dentists often suggest this option to children whose teeth are changing because glass ionomers last for about 5 years only.
It is important to remember that your dentist is the right person to help you decide what type of filling is better.
Lake Chaparral Dental Care in Calgary, AB – We Are on Guard of Your Healthy Smile
Getting a dental filling at Lake Chaparral Dental Care is easy, fast, and convenient. Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma and her professional dental team do their best to make sure that your teeth remain healthy for many years and you can boast a beautiful smile.
Request an Appointment
If you think you have a cavity or are still searching “dental fillings near me”, do not hesitate to contact our clinic and schedule an appointment. You can reach us at (403) 768-2271.Back to Fillings Page