The Best Option Today for Replacing Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
Contrary to what many people think, tooth loss isn’t just a problem for the elderly. Anyone can suffer tooth loss due to decay, periodontal disease, or accidental injury. Whether you’ve lost one tooth or many, you can benefit from modern implants as a replacement for lost teeth. Dental implants offer a solid, permanent means of replacing missing teeth to restore your smile, speech, and eating ability. At Lake Chaparral Dental Care, we provide modern implant treatments to residents of Yorkville, Alberta, and surrounding communities.
Why Implants are the Best Option for Replacing Missing Teeth
When restoring the looks, function, and feel of natural teeth, you can’t do better than dental implants. Implants are specifically designed to replace your lost tooth and the tooth root to prevent bone loss from missing teeth. A dental implant consists of a titanium post surgically embedded into your jawbone, an abutment attached to the post, and a porcelain crown attached to the abutment to function as a replacement tooth. The titanium post acts as a tooth root to stimulate bone growth, just like the root of a natural tooth. The end result is a prosthetic that looks, functions, and feels like a natural tooth.
With dental implants, you get the best of all worlds in replacing missing teeth. Implants:
- Fit comfortably and snugly in your jaw to prevent teeth from slipping or sliding when biting or chewing
- Fill gaps left by missing teeth to keep remaining teeth from shifting out of position
- Facilitate brushing and flossing to keep teeth and gums healthy
- Prevent bone loss to keep your jaw and cheeks from sagging
- Complete your smile to restore its esthetic appeal
- Are easy to care for and clean
- Can last a lifetime when cared for properly
At Lake Chaparral Dental Care, you benefit from the expertise of Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma for quality dental implant treatment.
Request an Appointment
Dental Implant Care
With proper maintenance and care, your implants can last a lifetime as replacement teeth. Here are a few tips to keep your implants in optimal condition:
- Brush twice daily with a soft nylon bristle toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste, and floss at least once a day to keep your implants and surrounding gum tissue clean. This reduces your risk of plaque buildup and gum disease.
- Quit smoking as it can increase the spread of gum disease, which can weaken tooth bone structure and impair the function of your implants.
- Avoid eating hard or sticky foods, as biting into hard foods can cause premature damage to your implants.
- Schedule bi-annual dental checkups and cleanings so Dr. Sharma can help keep your implants in optimal condition.
Single Tooth Implant Cost
Implant costs depend on the work required to complete your treatment. We’ll work with you to facilitate this cost so you can benefit from this restorative procedure. To schedule a consultation at Lake Chaparral Dental Care in Calgary, Alberta, for dental implant surgery, contact Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma today at (403) 768-2271.Back to Dental Implants Page