Protect your family’s oral health – family dental care near Walden, AB
Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma and her team at Lake Chaparral Dental Care welcome residents of Walden, AB and its surrounding areas into a caring and welcoming environment for family dental care near Walden. At Lake Chaparral Dental Care, they treat you as one of the family and want you living a happy life with a healthy and beautiful smile. They offer a compassionate and committed approach to family dental care services.
General & Family Dentistry
If you are looking for a family dental experience that is stress-free, inviting and offers cutting edge technology in the pursuit of pristine oral health for yourself and your family, Lake Chaparral Dental Care is the choice for you. Dr. Palka and her team provide the care, information and advice that is so critical to you making an informed decision about your family’s oral health. Dr. Palka wants to be with you throughout the journey called life. From your children’s earliest years and through all the stages that follow, Dr. Palka wants to be with you every step of the way and provide you with the maintenance and care needed for great oral health.
Children will love coming into Lake Chaparral Dental Care too! Approximately 10 to 15 percent of patients that receive treatment are under the age of 18. It’s normally suggested to make your child’s first dental appointment when they reach 6 months of age. In addition to examinations, education is a big part of what is provided to promote a positive dental roadmap for your kids. They want you to feel like part of their family!
Dr. Palka’s primary concern is the restoration and maintenance of your oral health. Once you’ve achieved that healthy smile, her work is just beginning. It’s critical that you follow a lifetime roadmap of healthy habits to maintain that gorgeous smile. Regular visits will go a long way in making this possible. Lake Chaparral Dental Care employs skilled hygienists who provide individualized treatment in the following areas:
- Cleaning – It’s important to regularly remove plaque and tartar from hard to reach areas. This includes areas below the gum line as well as in pits/fissures of your teeth
- Polishing – If you have any stains or rough tooth surface that you’d like removed, please let the team know and they will work with you on regaining your whitest smile
- Education – If you are unsure or need a better understanding in how to maintain your oral health, they will work with (not lecture) you in developing healthy everyday habits and can discuss any concerns you may have
- Exam – Even if you believe that you have healthy teeth and gums, you should still come in and allow the team to give you an oral exam using top of the line equipment and technology to detect any problems at the very earliest stages
Restorative & Cosmetic Treatments
Do you feel like your smile could use some rejuvenation through restorative or cosmetic treatments? If so Dr. Palka and her team offer a wide range of services that will have you showing off your sparkling smile again in no time!
- Teeth Whitening – Often viewed as the gateway into cosmetic dentistry. The whitening process is fast & convenient, and you will be provided with custom whitening trays at no cost
- Veneers – One of the most popular cosmetic procedures, veneers can cover stains, lighten dark teeth, close gaps, correct the appearance of crooked teeth and much more
- Dental Crowns – sometimes called a “cap”, a crown will be custom fitted for the affected tooth and will restore the size and shape of your damaged tooth or correct a cosmetic flaw
- Dental Bridge – This is a fixed restoration that can replace a single tooth or multiples. This easy and convenient procedure will restore chewing efficiency, eliminate gaps in your smile and prevent teeth from shifting towards open space
- Dental Implants – Have you lost one or several teeth? You may not realize that this not only can affect the appearance of your smile, but it can also affect the overall shape and functionality of your face. If left untreated, missing teeth can cause a change in your facial symmetry, causing chewing issues and possible degeneration of other teeth. If you find yourself facing this situation, a dental implant may be right for you. You may need a single implant (if missing just a single tooth) topped with a cosmetic crown or several implants, which can support a full denture plate
- Invisalign – Dr. Palka has been recognized as an Invisalign preferred provider. If you need properly aligned teeth, please call and schedule an appointment for consultation.
Healthy teeth are not the only key to oral health. Your gums are just as important and can develop periodontal disease if not properly cared for. Also called gum disease, it is an infection of the tissue surrounding your teeth. It can lead to inflammation, a separation of the tissue from the tooth, which can leave you with pockets that catch extra plaque and bacteria, and lead to infection.
Signs of periodontal disease to look for include:
- Loose teeth
- Bleeding gums
- Consistent bad breath
- Tender or discolored gums
Dr. Palka and her team will work with you in developing a personalized treatment plan that works for you.
If your wisdom teeth have become impacted and are causing you pain and/or infection, some or all of these may need to be removed. It’s estimated that up to 85 percent of wisdom teeth will become impacted. This can cause additional issues such as tooth decay and gum disease due to overcrowding. Regular visits can catch this before it happens, so you can take a proactive, and not reactive, approach.
Dr. Palka and her staff want you to remain a part of their dental family for years to come. Unfortunately, as we all know, cancer can be an aggressive disease that can ultimately lead to loss of life. Therefore, at Lake Chaparral Dental Care, oral cancer is treated as a critical matter when it is spotted. Early detection is key to this treatment and Dr. Palka offers oral cancer screenings to all her patients. Oral cancer develops in or around the mouth and can include your mouth, lips, gums or cheeks.
It can be difficult to recognize signs of oral cancer as you may not know what to look for. There are visible signs that, if you recognize them, will need to be checked out so that Dr. Palka can determine if they are signs of developing oral cancer.
Signs or symptoms of oral cancer to look out for include:
- Sores around the lip or mouth that will not heal
- Patches inside your mouth of white or reddish color
- Teeth that suddenly become loose
- Growths or lumps that develop inside your mouth
- Pain in the mouth or ears
- Difficult or painful swallowing
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing, speaking and movement of the jaw and tongue
Please schedule a screening if you have any reason to believe you are exhibiting signs that may be indicative of oral cancer.
Request an Appointment
Sport and Night Guards
Around 70 percent of children are active in an organized sport of some type. While these sports offer great health and social benefits, they also pose a danger and risk of injury. A properly fitted mouthguard should be considered essential to help reduce the risk of broken teeth, soft tissue injury, jaw injury and even concussions! Lake Chaparral Dental Care offers customized mouthguards, which fit better than generic commercially available options.
Lake Chaparral Dental Care also offers customized mouth guards to help prevent the grinding of teeth when sleeping so that you are not wearing down your teeth over an extended period.Back to Home Page