Dental fillings in Calgary, AB restore function and appearance
It is no fun to have a cavity or toothache. Yet at Lake Chaparral Dental Care in Calgary, AB, getting dental fillings is fast and easy. Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma and her team work hard to create positive experiences, so you can chew and smile with confidence.
When patients in Calgary, AB need fillings
Health Canada reports that by the age of 19, 59 percent of Canadians have an average of 2.5 teeth affected by tooth decay. Yet cavities are not only a childhood problem – they persist throughout adulthood. With early detection, most tooth decay can be treated with dental fillings.
In addition, you may need a filling to repair a chipped, cracked, or broken tooth. If you are a nail-biter or you clench and grind at night, Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma may use a similar technique to build up teeth that have unusual wear. Dental filling material is also used for minor cosmetic enhancements like closing a gap between teeth or re-shaping a tooth.
Benefits of dental fillings
The primary purpose of a filling is to halt tooth decay, repair damage, and protect the tooth.
Here are some additional advantages of this restoration method:
- Conservative – Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma uses composite resin filling material. Since it is bonded into place, maximum healthy tooth structure is preserved. That means less drilling, a smaller filling, and a stronger tooth.
- Economical – While a porcelain inlay, onlay, or crown may serve a similar purpose, a filling is usually the most affordable treatment option.
- Natural appearance – Filling material is matched to the color of your own dentition, so it blends seamlessly with your smile. Most people who see you smile will not realize you had a tooth repaired.
- Strong and durable – Modern composite fillings withstand even the bite force on molars. With good oral habits, a dental filling may last many years.
- Comfortable procedure – With local anesthetic, treatment is well-tolerated. In addition, filling material is hardened with a curing light so you may eat normally once the numbing wears off.