Helpful information for dental patients in Calgary, AB
Welcome to Lake Chaparral Dental Care! This page, designed for the new patient, provides helpful information to make your first visit to our office in Calgary, AB go smoothly. Thank you for trusting us with your smile.
- New Patient Form
- Insurance & Payment Agreement
- LCDC Pre-Screen Covid Form
- LCDC Covid In-office Form
- Patient Information Release Form
For your convenience, we offer two options. You can pay the full cost of treatment upfront, and then your insurance will reimburse you. Alternately, you can pay your portion of costs at the time of treatment, and then your provider will pay their portion to our office directly. To see details and select your payment option, please download this form.
Your time is important and your initial dental visit should be efficient and relaxed.
Save time in the reception room and avoid the stress of hurriedly filling out forms. Print our new patient registration packet and complete the forms at your convenience, with your medical records, supplements, and medications handy.
Please plan to arrive up to 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time for this first visit. Be sure to bring the new patient registration forms and your insurance information. This ensures time to get you entered into our system before you see the dentist.
We closely follow the Alberta fee guide, and our friendly Admin Team is happy to help obtain coverage estimates from your insurer and submit claims on your behalf. We also offer direct billing.
Payment however, is required for non-covered and out-of-pocket expenses on the day of your appointment. We accept cash, cheque, debit cards, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Our goal is to see that you receive all the information you need to make informed dental healthcare decisions, and to provide treatment specific to your needs. We believe that a warm, welcoming environment is an important part of pleasant patient experiences.
Calgary, AB dental patients find information on what to expect
This is our usual protocol for adult patients:
- The hygienist reviews your medical and dental history.
- Digital x-rays and intraoral photographs are taken of your mouth and jaw. When you schedule your appointment, please let us know if another dentist has taken x-rays within the last year. We may be able to obtain them, saving this expense.
- Previous dental work and existing problems are documented in our charting system.
- Periodontal assessment is performed.
- The hygienist cleans your teeth thoroughly.
- The dentist now reviews your chart and examines your mouth.
- If any further treatment is recommended, Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma explains diagnosis and treatment options. Together, you decide how to proceed.
- Your insurance claim is submitted electronically, and your payment is finalized.
- A follow-up treatment appointment (if needed) or your next cleaning and checkup is scheduled.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Early dental visits help your child feel safe and comfortable in our care. That builds a foundation for good dental habits for life.
No charge for Happy Visits! Your child’s first dental appointment at Lake Chaparral Dental Care is on us for children under the age of three. This is a brief examination for babies or toddlers and should ideally be first booked when the first tooth has emerged. We assess oral development, answer your questions, and appeal to your little one’s curiosity and wonderment.
Children aged three and older get a more thorough examination and dental cleaning, like adult services:
- Review of the child’s medical history.
- Dental exam and charting of current dentition.
- Check for normal dental development.
- X-rays of teeth and jawbone.
- Polish teeth and apply fluoridated varnish.
- Review our findings with you.
Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes early, and bring the following information to your child’s appointment:
- New patient registration forms. As for adults, these forms can be downloaded and completed in advance.
- List of medications and supplements the child is taking.
- Your insurance information.
Payment method – we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and debit cards.
Thank you for making your family part of our family of smiling patients.