Where can I find an emergency dentist in Calgary, AB?
Are you in need of immediate dental care? Have you experienced damage to your smile that needs emergency attention? Does your primary dentist not offer same-day appointments for dental emergencies? Now is the time to connect with our Calgary, AB area dentist who offers solutions in her dental clinic for those experiencing a dental emergency.
What is a dental emergency?
Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma is a dentist in the community who describes a dental emergency as a situation that arises that may require immediate care and attention from a professional. Below are just a few of the more common dental emergencies seen at her practice:
- Cuts or trauma to the tongue or soft tissues of the mouth
- Knocked-out teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Loose or lost restorations including dental crowns, bridges, and porcelain veneers
- Lost dental fillings
- Broken appliances such as night guards, partial dentures, or full dentures
When a situation occurs that may require immediate assistance, it is a good idea to call the team at Lake Chaparral Dental Care. Our team can advise you as to what can be done until you can get into the office, or we may direct you to the local emergency room if it is a more serious medical emergency. Whenever possible, we get patients into our office for a same-day appointment to treat the problem.
What might be done during an emergency dental appointment?
The treatment chosen for a patient is based on the dental problem. Patients who come in for emergency dental situations may need:
- Root canal therapy
- Dental extractions (surgical and simple)
- Reattachment of lost teeth
- Replaced restorations (crowns, bridges, veneers, etc.)
- Adjustments to appliances
- Suture/stitches for soft tissue trauma
- Antibiotic medications for infection control/prevention
- New fillings or repairs
Request an Appointment
Learn more about emergency dental care with the team at Lake Chaparral Dental Care
Dr. Palka Sawhney Sharma of Calgary, AB, can be reached by calling (403) 768-2271 to schedule an appointment. Her facility, located at 202-10 Chaparral Drive SE, is always accepting new patients considering quality dental care, including emergencies. We invite you to connect with us today.Back to Emergency Dentistry Page